The reality of super-centennial existence… those living to 120 and beyond… is on the rise. According to a recent Google search, there are 300-450 of these folks alive in the world today. There are several reasons for this exciting phenomenon.
- In many cases, body parts that are worn out or damaged can be now repaired or replaced.
- The development and testing of anti-aging drugs are increasing at an unprecedented rate. Results show some positive and promising discoveries.
- The use of DNA for predicting health challenges and overcoming them is becoming a reality.
- The use of bio-renovation (stem cells), transfusion of old blood, remixing and reintroducing it to the body, and growing organs from scratch are just a few of the new treatments that are being investigated.
- There are five places in the world where chronic disease is lower and people live longer, healthier lives. These areas are called Blue Zones and include: (1) Sardinia, Italy, 2) Okinawa, Japan, 3) Loma Linda, California, 4) Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica, 5) Ikaria, Greece). Researchers think this phenomenon is due to life style choices. The information coming out of these societies is becoming a more widely accepted occurrence is worthwhile noticing.
The latest research on extended life expectancy is good news. Based on the epigenetic data at hand, the choices we make in promoting a healthy mind and body, are crucial for longevity. There’s no question about it: self-care leads to the manifestation of ‘Super Genes’—genes that have altered and changed due to new life choices. It is never too late for implementing them. Dying healthy as a super-centennial is an attainable goal. YOU CAN DO IT!