Life is a journey to be lived in the moment, in the here and now. Yes, there are problems to solve, lessons to learn and experiences to have, share, and enjoy. As we grow and change, we discover that a well-lived life takes courage, love, perseverance, passion, patience, curiosity, commitment and dreams. Along the path we need to be mindful of choosing our attitudes, making good decisions and recognizing we are continually evolving.
As an octogenarian, I’ve lived my life with gusto and often repeating the mantra: “Don’t tell me because I’m Jewish, I have to die. Don’t tell me because I’m a girl, I can’t climb trees. Don’t tell me that I can’t get married, have children and a career.” I want it all and have had it.
Many philosophers, psychologists, authors, spiritual leaders and motivators provide us with words of inspiration that guide us on our life’s journey. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Life is a journey, not a destination. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin. Anthony Robbins
- All of life is a journey, which pats we take, what we look back on and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our own destination… what kind of road we will take to get there and how happy we are when we get there. Patrick Whiteside (The Little Book of Happiness)
- One day at a time. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth looking back at. (Author unknown.)
- Life is a long journey. Be your own pilot, not just a passenger. Tinashe Yadley Nyangombe.
- Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. Yoda
Enjoy your journey. Take care to create the life you want—one that fulfills your dreams and purpose.