Don’t Let Feeling Blue Get You Down
Everyone experiences sadness, grief and disappointment in life. It’s part of the human condition. When we let those feelings overcome us, it impacts the quality of our relationships and our enjoyment of life. Fortunately, there are ways to move past it. Here’s how:
1. Focus on possibilities. It’s what you can do that matters.
2. Adopt a positive attitude. Let go of grief, anger, resentment and anxiety.
3. Get moving and stay fueled. The little difference can have a big impact.
4. Volunteer and give-back to society. Giving is always more powerful and lasting than receiving.
5. Become an active member of a community. Whether it’s a spiritual, religious, or special interest group, connections matter and have a positive impact on your state of mind.
6. Meditate. It can help you find peace of mind, reduce tension and let go of stress.
7. Stay in the moment. Let go of the past. Don’t worry about the future.
8. Recognize there is no such thing as failure. One door closes, another opens.
9. Face the elephant in the room. Address what’s gnawing at you.
10. Practice gratitude. Not only does it improve your physical and emotional well-being, it increases your energy and makes you feel more connected to others.